This year’s Valentine’s Day Award Winning Campaign Buckle Up For Love was a huge success and naturally your friends over at Trending Source were all over it! This month, Ford Motor Company partnered with The Get Focused Foundation to deliver the gift of love through it’s family safety campaign. Now in it’s third year, the award-winning campaign “Buckle-Up for LOVE/Abrochate Por Amor” bought the message of love and safety to the south bronx by teaching children the importance of always wearing a seat belt while riding a vehicle.
The event took place at PS 73X in the South Bronx with over 300 students and teachers in attendance. The program consisted of an interactive engagement with selected students that were only allowed to participate based on their academic achievements. Throughout the event, students were asked questions on safety procedures and provided with valuable information that included ‘how-to buckle-up’ instructions and safety materials, which they were then encouraged to shared with their loved ones at home. By the end of the event the message was clear. Become the brand ambassador in your families vehicle.
“Given the success we had with ‘Buckle-Up For Love’ last year and the national recognition given as the educational campaign of the year by the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA), we are extremely honored to continue to extend the program this year and partner with The Get Focused Foundation, an organization that is doing so many positive things in the Hispanic community,” said Sisko-Anthony Cruz, Ford’s NY Hispanic Communications Director. “The greatest gift you can give a child is the chance to smile, and on Valentine’s Day, together with Ford, we were afforded the opportunity to hand-out more than 300 reasons to smile- now that’s definitely what I call love,” added Goldin Martinez, Founder of The Get Focused Foundation.
In light of being a committed automaker in the Hispanic community, Ford recognizes the importance of bringing the family together and donated teddy bears and bags to all the students in attendance, with the most important message of all – family safety! The campaigns’ goal is to help families recognize that a ‘sign of love’ can be as simple as asking your loved ones to always secure their seat belts.
Ford Safety Facts:
- Ford was the first automaker to introduce seat belts in 1955 and led the way in making driver and front passenger airbags standard in most vehicles by 1993.
- Persons involved in traffic accidents not killed or injured were wearing a seat belt 97% of the time.
- Ford was also the first to introduce the auto industry’s first-ever production inflatable seat belts in 2011
- Lap/shoulder seat belts, when properly used, reduce the risk of fatal injury to front-seat passenger car occupants by 45 percent and the risk of moderate-to-critical injury by 50 percent.
- Ford’s industry-first rear inflatable seat belts combine the attributes of traditional seat belts and airbags to provide additional crash protection, which are designed to provide additional protection for rear seat occupants- often children and older passengers who can be more vulnerable to head, chest and neck injuries.
I’d personally like to thank the amazing staff over at PS 73X for the opportunity to help promote safe driving to their students and encouraging them and their families to fasten their seat-belts. What an experience!